|Enterprise Center Director||Brooklyn not-for-profit seeks a highly qualified director to head its enterprise center. The Enterprise Center delivers entrepreneurial training through business workshops and seminars, business conferences and one-on-one counseling. Duties include, but not limited to, the following: • Accountable for delivering all goals and objectives of the Enterprise Center
• Responsible for all development, planning, tracking, and reporting to funders for various existing programs
• Submit written reports in a timely manner to City, State, Federal and Foundation funders
• Organize and facilitate public events including seminars, conferences and speaking engagements
• Perform outreach activities through community partners and networks to recruit clients and raise organizational profile
• Communicate regularly with funders and elected officials
• Design new programs to fulfill organizational mission; including outcomes and objectives, staffing, and operations
• Meet regularly with clients, counseling them on all aspects of business development
• Participate in organization-wide funding efforts, including research, proposal writing and budgeting
• Supervise and develop team of business counselors
• Contribute to organizational objectives, planning, and the overall success of the organization
• Coordinates the enterprise center’s social media components, including website content management, Facebook and Twitter accounts and email marketing campaigns for the center.
|A minimum of Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree in relevant field preferred) and three-to-five years of business and/or entrepreneurial experience required; bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not mandatory. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Access, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint required. Strong writing and verbal skills required.||Salary: DOE; Benefits: Yes;Location: East New York, Brooklyn; Hours: F/T with some late evenings; Education:College degree required, Masters degree preferred.Directions: J train to Georgia Ave.|
|Drivers: Van or Light Truck||Maintain the integrity of assigned company vehicles: Operate and maintain vehicle with a focus on safety; Inspect assigned vehicle daily (pre and post trip); Perform minor maintenance tasks on the vehicle as needed including cleaning; Fuel the vehicle; Ensure that scheduled major and periodic vehicle maintenance is completed and
reported and coordinated with management to minimize customer service interruption; Prepare accident and incident reports as necessary.
Operate assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner. Communicate with Dispatch on a frequent and regular basis; provide delivery-time updates. Plan route(s) efficiently by reading and interpreting maps. Maintain accurate records: Trip sheets, vehicle maintenance history, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested by management. Provide other services as requested by management when not engaged in driving.
|Valid Driver’s License with good driving record and one year experience. High School Diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island and New Jersey roads. Some past work experience in a service industry and/or a team focused environment
preferred. Able to climb stairs, lift material up to 70 pounds and be able to use tools to maneuver. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to adhere to and enforce all safety and security procedures. Good verbal and written communication skills. Company will conduct criminal background check.
|Salary: $10.00-$13.00 per hour:Benefits: Y; Hours: Various Shifts; Location: Williamsburg, Brooklyn; Education: HS Diploma/GED required;Directions: L train to Bedford Ave.|
|Cooks||Brooklyn Sushi Restarurant. Responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
1. Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
2. Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
3. Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant. 4. Restocks all
items as needed throughout shift.
5. Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
6. Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
7. Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
|Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills. Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures. Previous prep or line cook experience.||Salary: $10.00-$12.00 per hour;Benefits: N; Hours: Flexible-2 shifts 10am-4pm or 4pm-10pm including weekends. Location:Flatbush, Brooklyn; Education:N/A; Directions: B41 to church Ave.|
|Cashiers||Brooklyn Sushi Restaurant. Responsible for handling the bill and the cash register at a restaurant after customers have finished eating their meal. Their job involves dealing directly with customers, ensuring their dining experience was pleasant and handles the payment for the meal.||Some cashiering experience required. Candidate should be a team player. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Should have an outgoing personality and be very customer friendly.||Salary: $8.50 per hour;Benefits: N; Hours: Flexible-2 shifts 10am-4pm or 4pm-10pm including weekends. Location: Flatbush Brooklyn; Education:N/A Directions: B41 to Church Ave.|
|Sushi Chefs||Brooklyn Sushi Restaurant. The Sushi Cook is responsible for preparing sushi and other various food products, ensuring the quality and presentation of food products prepared, performing all station functions necessary in the prep and cooking areas, providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.||•Requires a minimum of 1 year of closely related Sushi cooking experience with food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards; requires food knowledge of Sushi
Requires work experience in a high volume and casual dining restaurant environment. Requires the ability to bend and stand to perform normal job functions. Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers. Ability to speak and write Japanese a plus. Frequently works with sharp knives and utensils.
|Salary: $10.00-$14.00 per hour (DOE); Benefits: N; Location:Flatbush, Brooklyn; Hours:Flexible-2 shifts 10am-4pm or 4pm-10pm including weekends.Education: N/A Directions:B41 to Church Ave.|
Elena Rock. Job Developer
Marks JCH of Bensonhurst Tel: 718-331-6800 ext 194